xsl-list

Re: Any samples of client-side XSLT to generate webpages?

2004-07-28 02:20:24

  Should I change the content type to "application/xhtml+xml"? I was told
  that this is not fully supported by browsers.

It's not supported at al by IE.

  How do most people diplay XHTML (in a IE and Mozilla compliant style)?

They mainly just do what you are doing, and hope that they survive, but
as you found, things go wrong at the edges. Making sure your XHTML
conforms to appendix C of the xhtml 1 spec (compatibility for legacy
browsers)  helps.

However what I always do is serve the file with an XML mime type (text or
better application/xml) together with a client side xslt. that way I
don't have to rely on dubious error recovery, and I can display
mathematics properly (If your documents haven't got mathematics in them,
they must be very dull) see http://www.w3.org/Math/XSL
for the client side XSLT that I usually use.

David

http://www.star.net.uk