xsl-list

RE: Any samples of client-side XSLT to generate webpages?

2004-07-27 00:42:23
Manox,

Sarissa is a JavaScript library that provides a common interface
between similar DOM extentions of browsers. Common tasks covered:
XSLT transformations, performing XPath queries and more.

I  see you are the main developer for sarissa. It looks very nice...
XSLT done in HTML, not the way I was expecting (which is a pure XML
file being sent to the client's browser with a XSLT stylesheet).

I just downloaded Sarissa 0.9. Can I ask why there is a 'document.html'
and a 'Document.html' in the same folder? The seem to be the same file.

Can you explain this to me...

In sarissa/doc/samples/transform_and_append_to_page.html:

  document.getElementById("appendChild")
  .appendChild(document.importNode(resultDoc.documentElement, true));

it lookes like you are add a whole document into a the "appendChild"
element, is that legal or am I mistaken?

Regards,
Daniel