xsl-list

Re: Converting a Batch File to XML

2004-07-24 13:12:53
Hello folks, looking for some insight here. Need to know if this is
possible
using XSLT. I prefer using a style sheet as I may use this style sheet in
Java,C++ and .NET environment.
I have a flat file that I need to convert to an XML structure. Now I can
do
this if the records in the file had the same structure, this is fairly
simple. But my source fixed length file has mutliple records that need to
be
associated to a single node on the target xml. For example, my file is
structured as follows...

Depending on some of your other requirements, you can consider using
xmlLinguist at http://www.xmllinguist.com . It's a simple, easy-to-use
Text-to-XML translator. The idea is to define the lines and fields in the
xmlLinguist editor and you can then exucte the translations either through a
command line EXE or integrate the runtime COM engines into your application.
It's quite affordable as well, with the xmlLinguist editor only $79.95 and
the runtime COM objects, known as the xmlLinguist Translation Engine or LTE,
for free.

Bryce K. Nielsen
SysOnyx, Inc. (www.sysonyx.com)
Makers of xmlLinguist, the Text-to-XML Translator
http://www.sysonyx.com/products/xmllinguist