xsl-list

Complex Template Match

2004-07-22 14:11:57
Hello,

I have a complicated match... and complicated to explain, but I will try.
I pass 2 XML sources to a stylesheet:

BROWSER_VARS
ENTRY_TEMPLATE

ENTRY_TEMPLATE will have 50 nodes that match "ENTRY".
BROWSER_VARS will have 1-50 "ELEMENT" entries.

I "apply-templates" on $ENTRY_TEMPLATE//Entry/Element.  (I could
apply-templates on BROWSER_VARS but there is no way to perform a lookup from
BROWSER_VARS to ENTRY_TEMPLATE).

The lookup "match" I do from and ENTRY element to BROWSER_VARS is a
concatenation of the name element of ENTRY and the position() against the
BROWSER_VARS/ELEMENT name attribute.  It looks like this:

=== TEMPLATE MATCH SNIPPET ===
<xsl:template match="Element">
<xsl:variable name="element_name"><xsl:value-of
select="concat(@name,'_',$position)"/></xsl:variable>

<xsl:value-of select="$BROWSER_VARS//ELEMENT[(_at_)name=$element_name]/."/>

With all of that said, I'd like to change the following "apply-templates"
rule:
        <xsl:apply-templates select="Element"/>

To include only "Element"(s) who have a $BROWSWER_VARS//ELEMENT match.
Is this possible?

Karl