xsl-list

RE: How to use xsl:result-document to create HTML and XML output docs?

2004-07-21 07:21:03

Have this working for HTML output files only.  When I try to
generate the svg file, I get the following error ...
"The system identifier of the principal output file is
unknown".  Using Saxon 7.1

Saxon 7.1 is a very old release, you need to move forward.

When you use a relative URI in the href attribute of xsl:result-document, it
is resolved relative to the "base output URI". In Saxon you set this from
the command line using the -o option. So the -o option must be specified,
even if all the output goes to secondary output files.

Michael Kay

Have the following specified in the stylesheet.

<xsl:output method="html"/>
<xsl:output name="svg-format" method="xml"/>

<xsl:result-document href="test.html">...</xsl:result-document>
<xsl:result-document href="test.svg"
format="svg-format">...</xsl:result-document>

Thanks,
Anita