xsl-list

MSXML & Internet Explorer

2004-07-20 12:09:46
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/
html/xmconFrequentlyAskedQuestionsaboutXSLT.asp

"You cannot, however, install MSXML 4.0 or later in such a way that it
becomes the default XML/XSLT processor, because MSXML 4.0 and later can
only be installed in side-by-side mode. Until Internet Explorer ships
with MSXML 4.0 or later as its default XML parser, you can use MSXML 4.0
and later with Internet Explorer in the following ways only: "

"In Windows XP - Although you cannot install MSXML 4.0 or later as the
default parser, in Windows XP you can set MSXML as the default XML/XSLT
processor by using a manifest. For more information, see MSXML 5.0 and
Windows XP. "

Does anyone know how to do what this document describes wrt using MSXML
4 (or MSXML 5) with Internet Explorer under Windows XP?  I couldn't find
anything on Microsoft's site or via Google related to the "for more
information" part of the above statement.  It sounds like I should be
able to create a manifest that will cause IE to use MSXML 4 (or 5).  My
apologies if this is off-topic.

John Hansen