xsl-list

Re: samples/Trace/Trace.java compiling error

2004-07-20 01:13:47
Hi Jun,

Probably a better place to ask Xalan specific questions is on Xalan user list [1]. A wild guess is that you are using Java 1.4 that bundles an older version of Xalan and you are getting the PrintTraceListener from there.
See [2] for more details.

[1] http://xml.apache.org/mail.html#xalan-j-users
[2] http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#faq-N100CC

Hope that helps,
George
George Cristian Bina
<oXygen/> XML Editor & XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com

Jun Yuan wrote:
When I was compiling the Trace.java in sample/Trace directory, I got
the following error.

C:\xalan\samples\Trace>javac *.java
Trace.java:62: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : variable m_traceExtension
location: class org.apache.xalan.trace.PrintTraceListener
    ptl.m_traceExtension = true;
       ^

But this class does contain a public m_traceExtension field. What's
wrong here? How can I fix it?

Thank you,

Jun