xsl-list

RE: Retaining value of a Global variable

2004-07-19 11:01:42
Hi,
I'll post it soon. I am trying to find simpler solution. Michael had suggested
position() but since I may have the article(s) at any position, that would not
work. I am trying with xsl:key.

My main problem is:
I have an XML that contains multiple articles for a newsletter. There could or
could not be some articles with article-classification as 'Webcasts'. If I find
even a single article with classification of 'Webcast', then I want to print a
title 'Webcasts' and then list all the articles. I have done the code for
listing the articles. The problem I am having is identifying if there's even
one article of that classification and then print 'Webcast' title only once.
That's why I was looking to set the global variable and then increment it once
I hit the first webcast article and then go for listing the articles of that
type. But it seems that's not possible. Therefore I am trying xsl:key. Any
other input on doing it simpler way?

The XML sample:
<article>
   <class>News</class>