xsl-list

Re: Generate N elements and attribute values

2004-07-16 13:14:26
Hi Kenny,

Presumably the recursive template that creates the three td elements is inside the template that creates the tr elements. (I don't know how else you'd do it. ;-)

If so, each time the "inner" template is called (by an iteration of the "outer" template), you can pass a parameter through to carry the count of the outer iteration.

Does that make sense?

<xsl:template name="outer">
  <xsl:param name="count" select="0"/>
  <xsl:call-template name="inner">
    <xsl:with-param name="outer-count" select="$count"/>
  </xsl:call-template>
  <xsl:if test="$count &lt; $max-count)">
    <xsl:call-template name="outer">
      <xsl:with-param name="count" select="$count + 1"/>
    </xsl:call-template>
  </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

I hope I understood the question....