xsl-list

Re: implement attribute inheritance

2004-07-13 08:46:16

Thanks for your help. Although I cant believe it,

Hmph, you don't believe me? well this conversation stops here then:-)

gives priority to attributes in the current node
then visits all ancestors from immediate and up, and copies each
attribute has not been copied yet?

that's not how it works (or at least, not how its specified as working
what an optimising xslt system actually does, who knows:-)

ancestor-or-self::*/@*

selects all the attributes from here up, and

<xsl:copy-of

a) sorts them in to document order (this is important, as we'll see)
b) copies them all into the currently open element
c) always, if two attribute nodes of the same name are added, the second
   one replaces the first, so, because of (a) the innermost attribute
   will be added last and will end up in the result.

David

http://www.star.net.uk