xsl-list

Re: AW: AW: AW: commenting and documenting XSLT (small survey)

2004-07-08 05:55:08

sorry, i probably did not make myself too clear, my fault. i am not
suggesting using XHTML or XML inside XML comments

well the original message showed that as one (of two) possibilities and
the "small survey"  refered to in the subject line was apparently asking
if that was to be prefered (or not) over the alternative  ReST markup.

is very readable and quite "writable" as well. it is just a nice way
to write comments and it quite easy to process into XHTML afterwards.

well it depends. It often seems easier to write plain text (or only
lightly marked up text) but the lessons of structured documents over the
decades (latex, sgml, xml, ...) is that, on balance, markup is a good
thing and the more of it you get and the earlier it's added, then the
happier you will be in the long run. You see, I don't just hang around
here for the fun of it, I actually believe in all this structured markup
hype:-)

David

http://www.star.net.uk