xsl-list

RE: Java namespace

2004-07-01 07:51:49
It seems to be Xalan Java 2.4.1

version.JAXP=1.1
version.DOM=2.0
version.SAX=2.0
version.xalan2x=Xalan Java 2.4.1

Citando Michael Kay <mhk(_at_)mhk(_dot_)me(_dot_)uk>:

Questions about calling Java from XSLT are meaningless unless we know what
XSLT processor you are using. The mechanisms vary from one XSLT processor to
another.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: xptm(_at_)sapo(_dot_)pt [mailto:xptm(_at_)sapo(_dot_)pt]
Sent: 01 July 2004 14:10
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Java namespace

First, let me tell i'm not a expertise in these areas, so
bear with me...

When i declare a namespace pointing to a Java class, is that
Java class treated
as a Static class? Or does the XSL processor somehow
instatiates a object of
that class?

I'm asking this cause i have this situation:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO8859-1" ?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
            xmlns:gti = "SQLHelper" >

(...)
            <xsl:element name="ResultSet">
                      <xsl:attribute name="sql"><xsl:value-of
select="gti:AcertaSqlReservado($sql)"/></xsl:attribute>
            </xsl:element>

This XSLT is called by a Java program

public class Tester{
    try {
      BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(new
FileInputStream(xin+".xml")));
      PrintWriter out = new PrintWriter(new
FileOutputStream(xout+".xml"));
      try {
        TransformerFactory xformFactory =
TransformerFactory.newInstance();
        Source xsl = new StreamSource("Testes12.xsl");
        Transformer stylesheet = xformFactory.newTransformer(xsl);
        Source request = new StreamSource(br);
        Result response = new StreamResult(out);
        //stylesheet.setParameter("gui", "awt");
        stylesheet.transform(request, response);
      }
      catch (TransformerException e) {
        System.err.println(e);
      }
    }
    catch (FileNotFoundException e) {
      System.err.println(e);
    }
  }
  }

This works OK, but if i change the XSL to

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO8859-1" ?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
            xmlns:gti = "Tester"   ---> the same Java class
that call the XSLT

i got a TransformerException.

But i don't understand why.

Thanks all.

O SAPO já está livre de vírus com a Panda Software, fique você também!
Clique em: http://antivirus.sapo.pt

--+--