xsl-list

RE: xsi:schemaLocation

2004-08-31 12:54:53
(a) what exactly goes wrong? It's hard to diagnose a problem when all you
know about the symptoms is "it doesn't work".

(b) how are you invoking the transformation? I wouldn't expect the
xsi:schemaLocation to make any difference unless you are invoking schema
validation, and with an XSLT 1.0 processor I wouldn't expect schema
validation to make any difference unless either (i) it fails, or (ii) it
adds default attribute values that you don't want.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Limpens [mailto:jan(_dot_)limpens(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 31 August 2004 20:40
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] xsi:schemaLocation

hi,

i've gout a xsd -> xml -> xsl -> html chain
when i use

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Blog xmlns="http://tempuri.org/Blog.xsd";>
      <BlogInfo lang="de">...

with xsl
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:myns="http://tempuri.org/Blog.xsd";>
      <xsl:template match="myns:Blog">...

everything is fine. but when my xml looks like

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Blog xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://limpens.com/blog
http://localhost/LimpensCom/webXML/Data/BlogSpy.xsd";>
      <BlogInfo lang="de">...

it doesn't. What am I supposed to do? I guess it's the
xsi:schemaLocation, but this does not help me too much...

thanks!

--
Jan Limpens
http://www.limpens.com