xsl-list

Re: sorting titles w stopwords but w/o value in every title node

2004-08-30 09:34:32
Hi Susan,

Thanks for the help. (I am still referring to the stop-words variable with
document('')/xsl:stylesheet/sw:stop/word because that does give me the sort
order.
Because our setup, that may be my only option.)

I found out why it didn't work for me, it's a namespace issue. I had put your
template
inside a XHTML-output stylesheet (with xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";),
and then "document('')/xsl:stylesheet/sw:stop/word" didn't return anything. If I
change the <word> elements to <sw:word>, it works.

The problem I still have is that entries without a value in the title sort
first.
I need to group by title when the doc-number is the same. It may be both a
sorting
and grouping problem, but I don't know how to go about it.

(The doc number is included only for testing. I left out imprint and ISBN
from this
sample for clarity. It is possible to have the same issue or different issue
arrive on
the same or different days as there are multiple subscriptions.)

Maybe I don't fully understand what you're trying to get (esp. that last
sentence),
but can't you simply perform a triple-sort instead of double-sort?
First sort by doc-number, then by title and finally by date?

<xsl:for-each select="//section-02/z13-title">

I guess you're only using "//" in your sample code, because you know this can
seriously
slow down the transform process (esp. with large input files)? Unless of course
your
input files are organized with <section-02> elements that can appear anywhere in
the document...

Best regards
Anton Triest