xsl-list

RE: XSLT 2.0 book in print

2004-08-25 07:01:47
Is Saxon 7.0 the only XLST Engine that handles XSLT 2.0 ?

Bill Riegel
LandMark Graphics
713-839-3388

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kay [mailto:mhk(_at_)mhk(_dot_)me(_dot_)uk]
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 8:50 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 book in print

Is this book covering only XSLT 2.0 (meaning you have to know
your way in XSLT
1.0 allready) or can be a starting point for all XSLT?

I've tried to give equal weight to existing XSLT 1.0 features and new
XSLT
2.0 features, though I haven't given very much space to 1.0 techniques
that
become obsolete in 2.0, like Muenchian grouping.

So the answer is, it's written for people who want to use XSLT 2.0,
whether
or not they have previously used XSLT 1.0. It's still useful if you only
want to use XSLT 1.0, but for that purpose the previous edition is
probably
better.

Michael Kay