xsl-list

Re: importing HTML

2004-08-19 08:04:10

I have a text file containing malformed HTML text I want to import as
CDATA into a template, to be called from my stylesheet.

If you are using XSLT2 (ie saxon8) you could do

<xsl:import href="http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/htmlparse.xsl"/>

<xsl:template match="...">
<xsl:copy-of
select="d:htmlparse(unparsed-text('file-with-html-in-it.html','ISO-8859-1'))"/>

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

For XSLT1 you really need to convert your file to well formed xml first
tidy or tagsoup could do this (see google for URLs for these)

David

http://www.star.net.uk