xsl-list

Re: Creating a whitespace for web page

2004-08-18 11:04:15
Most likely you are seeing garbage characters because your stylesheet
is outputting the characters in UTF-8 and your client is reading them
in some other encoding.

You can either change your output encoding using xsl:output, or make
sure that a proper META element is being generated in your output with
your encoding (your processor should do this if you are using
<xsl:output method="html"/>

Josh

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:08:44 -0400,
michael(_dot_)s(_dot_)eberhart(_at_)verizon(_dot_)com
<michael(_dot_)s(_dot_)eberhart(_at_)verizon(_dot_)com> wrote:

I would like to my xslt code to create a whitespace for display on the web
page.  I am using the following code:

and

Both ways have failed, creating garbage characters instead of spaces.