xsl-list

Re: Need exactly 23 rows of output before next page

2004-08-13 13:24:40
Clay Leeds wrote:
There's one error in there... I think '<' should be '&lt;':

No, only ">" needs to be escaped in attribute values.

I probably forgot the parenthesis, try
   ...select="(//node())[position() &lt; (24 - ($detail-count mod 23))]">
              ^        ^
Unfortunately, the FAQ
 http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/muench.html#d8867e264
circumvents this question by using a variable, and I'm way
too lazy to fire up my trusty XSLT dev environment now...

BTW, one other problem I've got is how to maintain the alternating row background-color... I'm using the following to specify bgcolor:
It works if I have an even number of DETAILLINEs w data. Of course, in this case position() is being used... If I use $detail-count instead bgcolor for empty rows stays the same...

No surprise. Try "($detail-count + position()) mod 2" or a variation.

I looked in the XSLT FAQ, and couldn't come up with an intelligent enough wording for searching. Any ideas on a good query?

I think the FAQ is meant to be read from beginning to end,
and being memorized...
Promising terms are "iteration", "looping" and "recursion",
leading for example to
 http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N4806.html#d5529e16
(beware of the ">" in the test)

J.Pietschmann