xsl-list

RE: Removing empty namespace definition from an element

2004-08-04 09:08:56
I'm not certain what your solutions translates to?  As you can see from
the input XML file, the sequence is defined under the ads namespace.
Which I assume means that all elements under the sequence element
inherit that namespace (but are not printed for redundancy reasons).

<sequence version="1" description="Deploy Server"
command="DeployServer.xml"
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ads/2003/sequence";>
  <task description="Launch Image Deployment Tool" doesReboot="false">
    <command target="controller">C:\Patches\Tools\dpIDT.vbs</command>
    <parameters>
      <parameter>$device.system.name$</parameter>
      <parameter>_osName_</parameter>
    </parameters>
  </task>

The match is on a parameter in that ads namespace (otherwise it would
not find the element)

xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";

xmlns:ads="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ads/2003/sequence";
                version="1.0">

  <xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>
  <xsl:variable name="osName" select="'WIN2K3'"/>

  <xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="ads:parameter[.='_osName_']">
    <xsl:element name="parameter"><xsl:value-of
select="$osName"/></xsl:element>
  </xsl:template>

But when I output the parameter element, it puts a xmlns="" as an
attribute.  I don't want ANY NAMESPACE defined as an attribute for this
element.  I want it to read exactly like the input; except the variable
_osName_ is being replaced with the XSLT variable $osName.

Does this make my problem clearer?

Thanks,

--Joel