xsl-list

RE: file_size_affecting_transformation??

2004-08-04 04:27:57

I am generating svg files from xml source files exported from
oracle using
xslt and saxon processor.Is there a possibility that the
source file size
affects the success of an xsl transformation.I mean the
transformation may
appear to have been completeted succesfully whithout any
errors, but the
generated output, svg in my case is not rendered correctly
when the source
file is considerably large.To be more specific when i try to
transform a
source xml file containing geometry of one polygon, the
generated svg is
absolutely correct.But when i try to transform a source xml
file containing
geometry of the same polygon along with a lot of other polygons the
generated svg is not correct.Does anyone have any idea if the
source file
size can affect the processor performance and degrade the result of a
transformation??

The most likely explanation is that there is something in the logic of your
stylesheet code (an XPath expression somewhere) that doesn't cater for the
possibility of finding more than one polygon in the input. It's very
unlikely to be anything to do with document size: this could slow down the
transformation, or cause it to fail with an OutOfMemory error, but wouldn't
cause it to produce wrong results.

Michael Kay