xsl-list

RE: Can I use <xsl:attribute-set/> to set attribute value from the source XML

2004-08-01 11:33:14

I would like to use <xsl:copy> to copy some XML elements that
have the same
name and attributes. I checked out xsl:copy and seems to do
the work. But
the problem is that the attribute sets that I've seen only set default
values. Can I use attribute-sets like this:

<xsl:attribute-set name="test">
  <xsl:attribute name="size"></xsl:value-of
value="@size"/></xsl:attribute>
  <xsl:attribute name="high"></xsl:value-of
value="@high"/></xsl:attribute>
  <xsl:attribute name="low"></xsl:value-of
value="@low"/></xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

<xsl:copy use-attribute-set="test"/>

Attribute sets are not often used this way, but this example is perfectly
legal.

A more conventional way of achieving the same result would be

<xsl:copy>
  <xsl:copy-of select="@size|@high|@low"/>

Michael Kay