xsl-list

Re: "FLAT" XML to Hierarchical XML

2004-09-24 11:01:09
My current method will be to check based on primary key fields (last, first, address, city) .

My hope was to put in a filler value until I get real values from my DB. List first "unique" customer with an ID of 1, then also use a CustomerID in the orders part of the XML during the transformation that matches (1). For the OrderID I can use the Order_Number I am getting from my partner, and then when I send it to my DB my OrderID numbers will be used instead.

*Brandon Schenz*
Midwest Sports Supply
Phone: 513-956-4900
Fax: 513-956-4910
E-mail: brandons(_at_)midwestsports(_dot_)com

cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com wrote:

" ... I have no way of knowing if the customer already exists in my DB until I attempt to add them."

O.K., once you have the file, how will you discover if a customer is already in the database?