xsl-list

How to generate XSLT for a Dynamic XML file?

2004-09-23 12:38:40
Hello,

I have dynamic xml file that gets generated at the runtime. I need to
create xslt file that will transform this file to a tabular format with
the nodes as the table header and the values as the table data. I know
the Root node, and the program passes in the main node name.

Also, the level of nodes is unknown.

Is there anyway I can accomplish what I want in xslt?

Sample xml file --------------
<CUSTOMERS>
        <CUSTOMER>
                <CUST_ID>2</CUST_ID>
                <FIRST_NAME>test</FIRST_NAME>
                <LAST_NAME>test2</LAST_NAME>
                <CUST_ACCUCAST_DATA>
                        <CAD_CUST_ID>2</CAD_CUST_ID>
                        <MSG_CONTENT>T</MSG_CONTENT>
                        <BAD_EMAIL> </BAD_EMAIL>
                        <USER_AGENT>Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0;
Windows NT 5.0)</USER_AGENT>
                        <EMAIL_AGENT> </EMAIL_AGENT>
                </CUST_ACCUCAST_DATA>
                <DEPARTMENT>
                        <D_ID>2</D_ID>
                        <D_NAME>Sales</D_NAME>
                </DEPARTMENT>
                <ORDERSS>
                        <ORDERS>
                                <O_ID>2</O_ID>
                        </ORDERS>
                </ORDERSS>
        </CUSTOMER>
</CUSTOMERS>

The only value I know from the above is root name 'CUSTOMERS', but the
first node, 'CUSTOMER', gets passed into me as a param value.

I'll appreciate any help,
Paria