xsl-list

using node-set on a query result

2004-09-11 20:46:38

Hi All,

I'm trying to build a tree to be used in other places in my stylesheet.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:transform
 xmlns:xsl=" http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform " version="1.0"
 xmlns:esql=" http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2 "
 xmlns:exsl=" http://exslt.org/common "
                 extension-element-prefixes="exsl">
<xsl:variable name="qinfo">
  <Question>
    <esql:connection>
      <esql:autocommit>false</esql:autocommit>
      <esql:pool>MYDB</esql:pool>
      <esql:execute-query>
        <esql:query>
          select text from question where order = 1
        </esql:query>
        <esql:results>
          <esql:row-results>
            <Text><esql:get-string column="text" /></Text>
          </esql:row-results>
        </esql:results>
      </esql:execute-query>
    </esql:connection>
  </Question>
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:template match="buildsomething">
</xsl:template>
</xsl:transform>

This is the result of "buildsomething":

          select text from sur_question where order = 1

Why am I not able to get the value of the Text node here? Am I doing
something wrong with node-set(), or is there a better way to do this
altogether (within the same stylesheet)? My actual query is more complex
than the simplified version I show above.

 Many thanks,
Leona