xsl-list

Re: AW: xhtml output formating problems / passing through pre defined static xhtml

2004-09-09 13:16:38
Hey,

Dominic Krüger wrote:

Thanks to all of you for your endurance with a newby like me!! I really
apriciate it.
I posted some links earlier on with all the source files except the "input
xml" file.

Yea, sorry, I started looking at the thread after Manos posted.

You are definititely treading into obscure (and non-standard) areas from what I see from your HTML source (I haven't seen /html/head/link used like that before) (and I am sure you realize there is a JS error on both).

The only difference I see between 'the real thing' and the 'xslt output' is the character encoding. Try using:

<xsl:output
 method="xml"
 encoding="utf-8"
 doctype-public="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
 doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";
 omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

(or use iso-8859-1 as your encoding if that is what you want)

best,
-Rob

Here they are again =)

Xsl stylesheet :
http://www.zeitdesigner.de/xslt/test.xslt

xslt Output:
http://www.zeitdesigner.de/xslt/test.htm

xml for the input:
http://www.zeitdesigner.de/xslt/full_sigml.xml

the real thing:
http://www.zeitdesigner.de/xslt/hamburg.htm

<map:pipeline>
   <map:match pattern="test.html">
     <map:generate src="./content/sigml/full_sigml.xml"/>
     <map:transform src="test.xslt">
       <map:parameter name="contextPath" value="{request:contextPath}"/>
     </map:transform>
     <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
   </map:match>
</map:pipeline>

What i have to achieve is to replace the text in the <p></p> tags in the
middle of the page, write out each paragraph node of the full_sigml.xml to a
xml file of its own and adopt the links in the <xml id=***********> tags at
the top of the page.

Does that sound so impossible???

Thanks dominic