xsl-list

RE: Xalan pronunciation

2004-09-09 07:23:18
I try to pronounce it the same way as the developers, but my attempts at an
American accent usually bring the house down.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Williams [mailto:mark(_at_)skwirel(_dot_)com]
Sent: 09 September 2004 14:47
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Xalan pronunciation

XANADU (and most words beginning with XA) are pronounced ZAH
(rhymes with
Car) rather than Zay (rhymes with hay).

However, I for no particular reason had always assumed XALAN
was pronounced
Zaylan rather than Zahlan just because the softer
pronounciation sounds
better when it is proceeded with an L.  However, there is no
word Xalan in
the English language (as far as I am aware) and I would have thought
pronounciation was therefore up for grabs

Regards,

Mark