xsl-list

RE: imbedding xsl stylesheet within xml doc ???

2004-09-02 14:08:17
Thanks for the response !!!

I'm not sure how widely supported this feature is, or how widely used

Heck Why not It seems to me that most style sheets by their very nature
are going to be "specific"

where the stylesheet is completely specific to that document; in  this
case I find it eases maintenance to keep the
stylesheet embedded within the document

Hey, I wonder if this same technique could be used to imbed the
schema for an xml doc within the doc itself ?????

NOTE:A stylesheet that is embedded in the document to which it is to be
applied or that may be included or imported into an stylesheet that is
so embedded typically needs to contain a template rule that specifies
that xsl:stylesheet elements are to be ignored.

How do you write the template rule to ignore the "xsl:stylesheet
element" ???