xsl-list

RE: Processing multiple files

2004-09-01 07:40:35

So, for example, I have DirectoryA, which contains PubFile1,
ActivityFile1A, ActivityFile1B, PubFile2, ActivityFile2A,
ActivityFile2B. What I need to do is take a few pieces of
info from PubFile1 and start an output file (Output1). Then,
I need to loop through all related ActivityFile documents and
add the output of those to the Output1 file.

This is fine, have a look at the document() function in XSLT, and (if
you are using java) you should google for 'custom uriresolver' for more
info

When that is
complete, I need to move on to PubFile2 and create Output2,
looping through the ActivityFile2 docs and adding their
output to Output2.

You will need to do this in whatever language is performing the
transform - java,  etc.  I know Saxon has the ability to transform whole
directories from the command line if you are going down the batch route.

(since I'm on the digest, an off-list reply would be even
more appreciated...)

But that defeats the object of a public mailing list...

cheers
andrew