xsl-list

RE: xsl history

2004-10-25 23:31:23

Thanks Dave. I'm finding it a good learning resource,
helps me somewhat better understand the "XSL context."

  > DaveP:
  > For anyone with an interest in history.

  > We think this was the first submission to W3C,
  > http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-XSL.html

  > or that's what the editor told me.

The first thing I noticed is that the authors were
mostly from Microsoft. Did Microsoft's enthusiasm
for XSL change? Maybe I have that wrong.

From the document's "1.5. Design Principles" section:
 4. XSL should provide an ?escape? into a scripting language
    to accommodate more sophisticated formatting tasks and
    to allow for extensibility and completeness.

That caught my attention too.

Steve Whitlatch