xsl-list

RE: Help me out on Removing the blankspaces from a textarea

2004-10-20 01:27:19
Jarno and All,

I had introduced JavaScript in the xsl to replace All the @@@ chars in the
String.
Using RegEx is introducing blankspaces along with the new line. I wish to know,
how do i
replace all the @@@ chars in a String in xsl.

Is My Approach using the RegEx is Ok. Or using xml/xsl is a better way.
Pls Advice

Thanks
Ashfaq
-----Original Message-----
From: Jarno(_dot_)Elovirta(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com
[mailto:Jarno(_dot_)Elovirta(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 12:52 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] Help me out on Removing the blankspaces from a
textarea

Hi,

I have to replace the "@@@" with a new '\ln' in the document
which is dynamic.

I guess translate does not work
function replaceString() {
      regX = new RegExp("\@@@","g") ;

document.form1.TextArea.value=document.form1.TextArea.value.re
place(regX,"\n");

Is your question how to replace strings with ECMAScript? You should probably
then post to some other list, as this is an XSL/XSLT/XPath list.

Cheers,

Jarno - Chris C: Vengeance Is Mine