xsl-list

conditional count

2004-10-19 09:07:48
Hi.
I have some unhandy xml that I would like to process in plain xsl by
counting elements conditionally (if the entire data set in the elemt is
full).
In the example below I want to count only the number of element "row" where
all underlying columns have data. i.e. the number in the example should be
1.

I can filter out the empty "row"'s by challenging the contents of the entire
element by:
<xsl:value-of select="count(/root/row[normalize-space()])"/>

But how do I exclude an element "row" if just a single "column" in the
element is empty?

<root>
<row>
  <column>Peter</column>