xsl-list

Re: the data necessary to copmlete this operation is not yet available

2004-10-15 06:21:31

Also, are you sure you need to modify the xsl:param via dom scripting as
opposed to just passing in a parameter?

this was necessary in the msxml2 interace to MS's wd-xsl variant of
"XSL" as it had no API for setting parameters while calling the
transform, but MSXML3/4 allow you to specify parameters without having
to modify the stylesheet DOM.

David

There are two situations where adding "by hand" rather than via addParameter with MSXML is more suitable. Firstly for a quick change you may not want to bother creating a template and processor for a one-off transform. Secondly addParameter cannot change xsl:variable elements. I inherited a number of transforms that were written using variables and these now need to be modified programmatically, I could of course change the XSLT but that's a bigger job. You can also modify xpath statements within templates and the like to simulate a dynamic evaluate.

--

Joe