xsl-list

Re: position and grouping?

2004-10-14 15:29:35

So it seems when I use the "position()" test above, I am not just
testing the position of the name within the record, but (also?) the
name within a group of records.  Can someone clarify this?

beware foreign terminoligy as it leads to confusion  (on my part at
least)
XSLT and XML don't have records.

position() _never_ relates to the location of a node in a source
tree. It always refers to a position in a current node list
(or sequence in 2.0). That is if you select a node with self:: it always
has position() =1 even if it's the 1001 child of some parent.

David

http://www.star.net.uk