xsl-list

Re: Better way to change context?

2004-10-14 09:32:06

I assume that using a key prevents xsl:number from finding the full path.

No, something else.
(don't know what though you cut out too much:-)

the trick with xsl:number citations is always the same
use xsl:number with some attributes to generate a heading number (or
filename in this case) then to generate a reference
 xsl:for-each yourself back on to teh same node on which you generated
the heading (or filename) and call xsl:number with the same arguments.

By the way I try to avoid using generate-id() to generate ids as you end
up with references like
 href="chapter8.html#d1e1390a1993"
which
a) look horrible and
b) change whenever you edit any part of teh source file (or potentially
   whenever you re-run the stylesheet even with no edits) This is a pain
   for any kind of document that you are going to put on a server and
   allow people to bookmark etc.

For the MathML spec (which used to do this) I changed the stylesheets
to use ids from the source or if they were not there it moaned with an
xsl:message until the author added one, or generated a unique id that
was less likely to change (by using xsl:number).

David

http://www.star.net.uk