xsl-list

RE: Multi-level grouping across multiple input files question.

2004-10-12 22:28:44
Hi,

First of all I want to know if this can be done.

below is a sample of over 3000 claim nodes in each of 6
documents.  Thats
over 18000 nodes to process.

The six docs are april.xml, may.xml...up to sep.xml.

I want to group by <vendorname>, then by the month of
<actual>, then by
<loadnum>.

Is this possible using the document() function???

Well, it's possible but a lot more difficult than if you had a single source
tree. I suggest you go for the two stage transformation, first combining the
documents and then grouping them, or you can combine them first into a RTF that
you then convert into a node-set using an extension function.

Cheers,

Jarno - Front Line Assembly: Evil Playground (Tim Schuldt remix)