xsl-list

Limiting the number of RSS-items shown in result tree using xslt

2004-10-11 02:27:57
I manage two web sites on which I want to visualize a shared RSS 2.0 feed, but
only partly. The items shown depend on the contents of the RSS feed's
<category> tag and I only want to show the three most recent items selected.
The RSS feed contains items categorized as either 'A', 'B' or 'both'.

On web site 1, I want to show exactly 3 items from categories 'A' and 'both'
(hence: not B), on site 2 I want to show exactly 3 items from categories 'B'
and 'both' (hence: not A)

It's no problem to limit the number of input items, for example, to 10:
<xsl:if test="position() < 11">

and select them:
<xsl:if test="not(category='A')">

My question: how can I limit the result tree to the 3 most recent, selected
items out of a total of 10 items?

Parsing is done with classic asp. All files are on the same server.

The RSS sample feed can be found at
http://users.pandora.be/chunga/RSSsamplefeed.xml

The xsl files : see http://users.pandora.be/chunga/RSSsamplefeed_notA.xsl
http://users.pandora.be/chunga/RSSsamplefeed_notB.xsl