xsl-list

RE: trouble validating my XSL transformed code

2004-11-28 14:10:48
(a) The W3C validator validates the XML file that you supply, it doesn't
invoke a transformation on it first.

(b) The doctype-system attribute in xsl:output causes a <!DOCTYPE>
declaration to be included in the serialized output of the transformation;
it does not cause any validation of the output to take place.

Run the transformation first, then supply the output to a process that does
validation.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: Wong Chin Shin [mailto:publicbbs(_at_)nascencetech(_dot_)com]
Sent: 28 November 2004 19:35
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] trouble validating my XSL transformed code

Hi,

I'm trying to validate the following URL:

http://www.nascencetech.com/recruitexpressmy/webadmin/AddPage.xml

against http://validator.w3.org but I'm getting confused.

I've set the DOCTYPE declaration in my XSL file
(http://www.nascencetech.com/recruitexpressmy/xsl/webadmin.xsl) and I
expected the validator to get the transformed code and
validate that. But
the validator throws back a DOCTYPE unfound error at me and
referred to the
XML file directly. Is it possible validate the results of the
transformation
without manually copying the results into another file and
validating that
file instead?

Thanks!
Wong