xsl-list

Re: Processing an XML file with a DTD in it

2004-11-25 05:18:53

me> something

you> Uhm... This is not, as I have read the xslt 1.0 rec.

that's  because you read the spec correctly, and I read it incorrectly.
(Or read it correctly 5 years ago and forgot it since:-)

It says:

  The built-in template rules are treated as if they were imported
  implicitly before the stylesheet and so have lower import precedence
  than all other template rules. Thus, the author can override a
  built-in template rule by including an explicit template rule.

import precedence is more importantthan priority so you are entirely
correct that any template (even with a weird priority like -1) wins.

I think I knew that really, but obviously didn't know it at the time of
writing my last reply, which was therefore completely wrong.

Sorry,

David