xsl-list

RE: XML 2 XML using XSL,DTD XALAN - JAVA

2004-11-24 09:04:10
Hi,
thanks for the tip.
The only way to validade the result DOM tree is to parse it again?
The XSL that I'm using has the output property below:
<xsl:output method="xml" indent="no" encoding="ISO-8859-1"
doctype-system="../DTD/MyDTD.dtd"/>

Even with this, the result DOM tree doesn't have a DocType with it. Does anyone
knows why?
I tryed to setup the DocType by code:
Transformer.setOutputProperty(OutputKeys.DOCTYPE_SYSTEM,"MyDTD.dtd");

Even with this, the resulting DOM tree doesn't have a DocType wiht it.

thanks,
Roger.

Hi,

I am using XALAN to transform my XML file to another XML file
using XSL. I
have a small JAVA program which does this. Does anyone knows
How to validate
an XML file against the DTD using JAVA ? Is there any methods
available in
XALAN to implement this ? If yes, could you please send me a
sample example
of how to it, please ?

Xalan will not perform DTD validation. You're probably using Xerces XML
parser, see their documentation how to turn validation on.

Cheers,

Jarno

or e-mail:
--~--