xsl-list

RE: XPath 2.0 fn:tokenize

2004-11-22 16:02:34
When using XSLT, you can forget the fn: prefix for XPath system functions,
it's not needed. At the moment the actual namespace changes with each draft
of the specs and with each Saxon release, so you can make life far easier
for yourself by just letting it default.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: Naomi Gronson [mailto:naomi_gronson(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com]
Sent: 22 November 2004 20:20
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] XPath 2.0 fn:tokenize

I'm trying to use the XPath fn:tokenize function.
I've made some progress, but I've encountered an error
that has me stumped:

The Namespace:

<xsl:stylesheet
     version="2.0"
xmlns:fn="http://www.w3.org/2004/10/xpath-functions"; >

The xsl test:

<xsl:value-of select="fn:tokenize('abracadabra',
'(ab)|(a)')"/>

The Error:

Error at xsl:value-of on line 348 of
file:/C:/CMX/filter.xsl:
  XPath syntax error at char 38 on line 348 in
{...ize('abracadabra', '(ab)|(a..
.}:
    Cannot find a matching 2-argument function named
{http://www.w3.org/2004/10/
xpath-functions}tokenize()
Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.

I'm using saxon 8.1.1.  I have a feeling that it has
something to do with the namespace, but I have no idea
what.  If anyone has any guesses, I'd love to hear
them.  Thanks a lot.

Naomi

--~--