xsl-list

RE: Generating jsp java code in .xsl files

2004-11-19 05:20:00
Hi,

  Hi all! I am trying to generate java code (intended for a
jsp page)
inside a .xsl file. I want to produce an output similar to :

<% String foo = "a_value"; %>.

Jarno is right with his suggestion, but you are using XSLT to output
invalid markup. IMHO you can have a clean solution by one of:

* using XSLT to output XML (meaning JSP 2.0 XML syntax, JSTL etc)

This, of course, is the preferred way of going about it.

* using XSLT to output text, preserving the output format you already
feel confortable with

I think this depends largely on how much XHTML you have in your JSP you have,
and how much of it is generated using out.print(). If 95% of the JSP document
is XHTML and you only have a few JSP scripting elements, you're probably better
off using xml output method and D-O-E.

Cheers,

Jarno