xsl-list

RE: Problem passing node-set to params (RTF)

2004-11-16 16:21:42
Hi Charlie,

It shouldn't matter whether you use a variable reference or expression,
provided that the variable was declared using the "select" attribute. The
only time RTFs are created is when you use <xsl:variable>, etc. with
*content* rather than the "select" attribute.

What XSLT processor are you using? And what is the undesired behavior? An
error message?

Evan

I'm having trouble passing a node-set as a parameter.
I'm trying to reduce the size of my XSL so its more
managable and easier to modify.  So I've taken a
section of code that was repeated over my XSL and
turned it into a template with parameters.  I'm trying
to use call-template to pass in the parameters, but my
srcNode and destNode parameters are turning into
Result Tree Fragments.  After reading the FAQ it said
that assigning existing variables to parameters turns
them into RTF.  But, when I tried replacing them with
expressions rather than $var it still ended up a RTF.
What do I have to do to use node-sets?

Here is a quick example of what I'm doing.  I've also
tried replacing $local with the XPATH expression, but
I still get a RTF.

<xsl:variable name="local"
select="../member[(_at_)component=$localComponent]"/>
<xsl:call-template name="insertAccessRule">
   <xsl:with-param name="guid" select="current()/access/@guid0"/>
   <xsl:with-param name="agent"
select="current()/@agent-ip"/>
   <xsl:with-param name="src" select="current()"/>
   <xsl:with-param name="dest" select="$local"/> </xsl:call-template>

<xsl:template  name="insertAccessRule">
   <xsl:param name="guid"/>
   <xsl:param name="agent"/>
   <xsl:param name="srcNode"/>