xsl-list

Re: mathML2SVG

2004-11-16 08:41:03
Hey Matthew,

The best thing to do is to tar, gz, zip, rar, or otherwise compress the files together into one compressed folder and then stick them somewhere that you can link to. Send the link to the list and stand back a bit from your screen as you never know what might happen... ;)

Let me know if you need a server to stick them on and I will create an account for you that you can ftp the compressed fileth to... Once you feel good about them after the crew here has gone through them and helped you optimize then I will link them from my blog and try to give you some exposure...

Looking forward to seeing what you have come up with!

Best regards,

<M:D/>

Matthew L. Avizinis wrote:

I sent this yesterday, but apparently it failed. so here it is again

ok, then. I'll put the stuff together. However, I think I'll let you folks peruse the code first before any other announcement -- there're probably a good number of defects or code that can be better written and additionally I'm a stinker when it comes to commentary, for the most part. Anyhow, is there a preferred method of posting here? some of the files are fairly long. should I just provide a bunch of http links to a set of files or should I post several messages here with the contents of each file included as text and notated where the start and end is for each file? In either case it will be Wednesday or Thursday before I'll have time to put it up. I hope nobody turns blue holding their breath... :) Finally, the reason I developed the thing was so that my company could better render equations/formulae in pdf format with FOP. Works for most cases we use around here.
Matthew

David Carlisle wrote:

Anyone here interested in a set of templates that converts a fairly good subset of presentation mathML to SVG format using a fixed width font?

Me!

you could announce on www-math(_at_)w3(_dot_)org as well, and we could add a
link
on the mathml software page at w3c.

Copyright and licence issues: I'm not a lwayer as the saying goes, but
it's generally best to put something explicit in the file, GPL if you
are happy with that or perhaps the W3C's software licence which is
rather more easy going than GPL. See for example the licence comments in
the MathML stylesheets at http://www.w3.org/Math/XSL which are copyright
me, but licenced under the W3C licence (which means, basically you can
do what you want within reason)

David

--~--