xsl-list

RE: converting xml files in multiple directories to multiple output directories

2004-11-16 06:53:48
Saxon can handle this without trouble, but only from the Java API, not from
the command line.

Alternatively, if you don't want to use the Java API, you could create an
XML document that lists all the files to be processed, and then control the
individual transformations from XSLT, by calling document() to read each
input file, saxon:output to create an output file, and then apply-templates
to do the transformation.

(I assume you mean 6.5.3? If you're using it with a Java application, make
sure you use the full Saxon version, not "Instant Saxon").

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Michlits [mailto:mario(_dot_)michlits(_at_)hico(_dot_)com]
Sent: 16 November 2004 11:30
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] converting xml files in multiple directories
to multiple output directories

I am currently using Saxon 6.4.3 on Windows 2000 to to
transform multiple XML files in multiple directories. As far
as I know saxon can only handle a single xml file or a single
directory as input, but not a whole structure of directories
(including subdirectories). So in a batch file I always have
to call Saxon once for each directory I want to handle. As
this is quite time consuming I would like to use an XSLT
processor that needs only one single directory as input and
processes all subdirectories containing the XML files i want
to transform. The output should be done the same way.
Is Saxon capable of doing this? If not, is there any other
XSLT processor available that fulfils my requirement?

regards
Mario Michlits

--~--