xsl-list

AW: Re: How to use extract the element value using xpath

2004-11-16 05:29:42
Hmm, I see...
What is the actual context for your variables?
Are you using XSLT 1.0 or XSLT 2.0?

Wbr,
Roman

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Arulraj [mailto:p_arulraj(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 16. November 2004 13:21
An: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Betreff: [Maybe Spam] Re: [xsl] How to use extract the element value using
xpath

Hi,
Thanks for the reply..

I am using variables here because I want to calculate
some other position based on these variables and
passed to other template.

regards,
Arul

--- Huditsch Roman <Roman(_dot_)Huditsch(_at_)lexisnexis(_dot_)at>
wrote:

Hi,

Why are you tried to solve your problem via
variables?
Maybe an <xsl:choose> would be sufficient.

<xsl:template

match="AdditionalObjectAttributeList/AdditionalAttribute">
                    <xsl:choose>
                            <xsl:when test="number(AddAttribDefID)=1">
                                    <xsl:attribute name="width">
                                            <xsl:value-of
select="AttribValue"/>
                                    </xsl:attribute>
                            </xsl:when>
                            <xsl:when test="number(AddAttribDefID)=2">
                                    <xsl:attribute name="height">
                                            <xsl:value-of
select="AttribValue"/>
                                    </xsl:attribute>
                            </xsl:when>
                    </xsl:choose>
    </xsl:template>

This template might do, what you tried to achiev
(suppose this template is invoked within an element,
since the created attributes need a parent)
I also casted the value of your AddAttribDefID to a
number, since I don't know, which kind of element
content is allowed there.

wbr,
Roman