xsl-list

How to use extract the element value using xpath

2004-11-16 04:13:33
Hello,

I am having following elements in the XML.
<AdditionalObjectAttributeList>
                                                        <AdditionalAttribute>

<AddAttribDefID>1</AddAttribDefID>

<AttribValue>300pt</AttribValue>
                                                        </AdditionalAttribute>
                                                        <AdditionalAttribute>

<AddAttribDefID>2</AddAttribDefID>

<AttribValue>400pt</AttribValue>
                                                        </AdditionalAttribute>
                                                </AdditionalObjectAttributeList>

Through my XSL. I want to check the <AddAttribDefID>
element. If it is "1" then I need to access
<AttribValue> store it as "Width"

if it is "2" then I need to access the following
<AttribValue> store it as "height"

I tried the following expression.. it is not working..
Any help..

        <xsl:variable name="Tiffwidth"
select="./AdditionalObjectAttributeList/AdditionalAttribute/AttribValue[preceding::text()='1']"/>
                                                <xsl:variable name="Tiffheight"
select="./AdditionalObjectAttributeList/AdditionalAttribute/AttribValue[preceding::text()='2']"/>

thanks
regards,
Arul