xsl-list

Re: Dynamic processing of xml file using xsl and javascript

2004-11-15 15:51:42
Thanks M:D, but I'd already tried Google but couldn't find anything
relevant.

data_moz.html is a simple html file containing the script and I created
data.xml and data.xsl to match the script.  These files have been proven to
be well formed by running successfully in a separate script for Internet
Explorer.  (Cut down versions of the same files you helped me with on the
Expression Syntax thread.)

Also, if I hard code the link to the xsl file into the xml file header then
it works fine.  However, I'm trying to emulate the script I have for IE
because I eventually want to append today's date as an external parameter.

Alan

----- Original Message -----
From: "M. David Peterson" <m(_dot_)david(_at_)mdptws(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 9:24 PM
Subject: Re: [xsl] Dynamic processing of xml file using xsl and javascript

Google for:
0x80004001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=0x80004001+%28NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED%
29&btnG=Google+Search

And you will find all sorts of examples as to why other encounter this
same error.  Its a generic object error code that is obvious not
specific just to Transformix (the Mozilla XSLT 1.0 processor).  Let me
ask you this.,..  is data_moz.html the file that contains this script or
is the file you are attempting to process?  The latter would definitely
cause a problem, although I dont know the specific error it would return
(unless its XHTML of course but even then it depends on how you declared
your document type etc...  remember, the XML parser is looking for <? as
the first string it encounters... there are some parsers that wont mind
as long as its well-formed... im not sure if the parser used by
Transformix is strict on the opening characters of an XML document or
not but if you are attempting to process an HTML file, be it XHTML or
regular HTML there are all sorts of reasons that this will not work....

Look through the google links as well as this should at least give you a
better understanding of where the error is coming from and why.

HTHs!

<M:D/>

Alan Divorty wrote:

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004001
(NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED) [nsIXSLTProcessor.importStylesheet]"
nsresult:
"0x80004001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED)"  location: "JS frame ::
file:///g:/sjc/data_moz.html :: onload :: line 31"  data: no]
Source File: file:///g:/sjc/data_moz.html
Line: 31

Line 31 is the "processor.importStylesheet(dataXSL);" line.

I've tested my data.xml and data.xsl file in an IE script and they work
fine.

I've also upgraded from Firefox 0.8 to 1.0

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alan

--~--