xsl-list

Re: Newbie RSS/XSLT Configuration Question

2004-11-10 09:21:56
scottspam(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net writes:

Sorry to bother you with such a simple question, but I'm stuck on this one.
I'm
rendering an RSS feed with the XSLT file below, and simply want to limit the
number of articles that are displayed to 10. Right now, I think it's grabbing
however many the feed will allow. If someone could make the adjustment and
email
me the file, that would be outstanding. Otherwise, if you can show me the
snippet of code that it takes to do this (and where exactly it goes), that
would
also help a great deal. Thanks in advance.

Scott

http://home.comcast.net/~scottspam/RSS_edited.xslt

Send a cheque first, then you'll get your file.  /8-)

Your script uses for-each... it would be simpler to abstract the
template that renders the items from the for-each (there might be
scope for reuse there anyway) and put it in it's own template.

Once you've done that you could do:

  <xsl:apply-templates select="channel/item[position() &lt; 20]"/>

to give you the first 20.

Do you see?

--
Nic Ferrier