xsl-list

RE: Need a programmic way to read xslt file, and determine the mappings defined.

2004-11-08 07:52:15
Hi,

Yes, I want to reverse engineer the logic in the xslt file.

Umm... ok. If your stylesheet is more or less a 1:1 mapping, then write a
stylesheet that processes your stylesheet, going throught every element in
non-xslt namespace and all xsl:elements. For each, find the first ancestor
xsl:template or xsl:for-each, and make an educated guess based on the match or
select attribute. I suppose you didn't write the original stylesheets yourself
if you have to reverse engineer them? Anyhow, I'd still recommend going
throught the stylesheets manually, as XSLT allows you to do all sort of funky
things that make reversing the logic less than trivial.

Cheers,

Jarno