xsl-list

RE: Creating HTML form from XSD Schema with XSLT ???

2004-11-07 14:12:47

I think that should be possible, after all a XML Schema is an
XML file.
So just write an XSL file that transforms the Schema to HTML.

I like the "just". Doing this in a way that handles all the subtleties of
XML Schema, for example derivation by extension and restriction,
substitution groups, and so on, is a *very* big job.

Much easier to start with a schema processor that does all that for you, and
gives you an API to access the resulting schema components. Xerces has one,
as does Saxon-SA.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/